Simplified Customs Declaration Procedures (SCDP, formally CFSP) is an import process that Customs Support UK are authorised to operate on behalf of, or directly for regular traders in the UK. So, why choose SCDP?
Empowering Your Imports
Hello. Can we help you?
The details required for clearance at the border are significantly reduced for SCDP declarations. Helping you cross borders without hassle or delay.
Delayed declarations give ample time for query resolution while reducing the risk of storage fees at the port.
Our systems enable us to generate reports at a product level, giving you greater visibility of your overall costs per SKU reference.
SCDP clearances are given immediate “Accepted” status, reducing documentary checks and delays by HMRC declaration queries.
SCDP (CFSP) | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are my goods applicable for SCDP (CFSP)?
Any non-controlled goods can be imported using SCDP. Even some controlled goods can, they just require a few more particulars to enable its use. For a list of these, visit the HMRC's guidance.
What do I need to get started with SCDP (CFSP)?
The setup is incredibly easy for our partners, we deal with the back and forth with HMRC for you so all you will need to do will be the following:
- Authorise us to make declarations on your behalf in the CDS system
- Notify your forwarders to contact us when it comes to your customs clearances/ express clearance instructions
- Provide us with a list of your products & Commodity codes
If you have a customs duty deferment account (DDA) we will also need authority to use this on your behalf.
What documents do I need for your SCDP (CFSP) process?
The documents needed for your order(s) can vary per country. Make sure you know what information is required.
- 10-digit commodity code
- Inco terms - ensuring these are correct based on terms of sale between supplier and buyer
- Freight amounts - link back to inco terms receive numerous jobs where inco terms dictate freight is required but nothing is provided by Importer or haulage company
- Inventory Linked through Port System or GVMS Entry - this affects speed of turn around potentially and storage costs if we process as gvms and it then inventory linked
- Duty Payment method - Claiming duty preference or paying via Deferment account or similar
- CDS Set up for Deferment and cash accounts we are unable to process in CDS without being authorised by the Importer
- Confirmation on Country of origin if not on paperwork
What are the benefits to using SCDP?
The Benefits are:
- Accelerated release of your shipments at the frontier
- Can be used in conjunction with Customs Warehousing
- Cash flow improvements
- Ability to submit frontier & supplementary declarations electronically
- Improve your HMRC Risk Score as a trusted partner
- Ability to clear goods UK originating goods into ROI transiting NI (and pay duties and other taxes due using OSR